Skip to main content

TRUMPS RESPONDS TO JAY Z


Jay Z-Trump
President Donald Trump criticized Jay-Z on his Twitter feed, likely in response to the rap mogul’s denunciations of the US leader in an interview. “Somebody please inform Jay-Z that because of my policies, Black Unemployment has just been reported to be at the LOWEST RATE EVER RECORDED!” Trump tweeted.

Trump was accurately pointing to record-low unemployment for US minorities, although critics note that the US economic expansion began well before under his predecessor Barack Obama.
Jay-Z, who along with his wife Beyonce became friends and political allies of Obama, in the interview broadcast Saturday on CNN said that Trump’s belittling remarks toward people of color overshadowed any employment data.

“Money doesn’t equate to happiness. It doesn’t. That’s missing the whole point,” said Jay-Z, no stranger to flashing his material wealth.“You treat people like human beings, then that’s the main point,” he told host Van Jones, a former aide to Obama.

Jay-Z said that Trump’s election laid bare the persistence of racism in the United States and voiced dismay at the president’s reported quip that he did not want immigrants coming from “shithole” countries in Africa or predominantly black Haiti.

“It’s real hurtful. Because it’s looking down at a whole population of people and it’s so misinformed because these places have beautiful people and beautiful everything,” Jay-Z said.

Jay-Z is in the running for eight Grammys on Sunday amid acclaim for his latest album “4:44,” a strikingly introspective work in which he addresses institutional racism, apologizes to Beyonce for infidelity and supports his mother as she comes out as a lesbian.

Jay-Z on Saturday night received an award as an “industry icon” at a pre-Grammy gala, where the rapper voiced contrition for boycotting the music industry’s prize night two decades earlier.


Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/jay-z-leading-grammy-day-attacked-trump/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DASHYAH RELEASES DEBUT SINGLE!!

"Love" is a soft gospel Afro song written by Dashyah who is new to the scene. This is her first single which was produced by G-Mix. You'll love it!! Use the link below to download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hn9nif1nacizf6r/Dashyah_-_Love/file

After Jude by Dashia

I was in class when Jude called. I'd been so absorbed in Mr Patrick's lecture, I'd forgotten the mental note Fatima had sent me to put my phone in silent. But, I was lucky, my phone rang when everyone was murmuring a little noisily in disagreement to what the lecturer has said. I hurriedly searched through my bag and rejected the call just as Mr Patrick rose his voice to tell the class to be silent. My heart thumped in my chest, Mr Patrick normally didn't take this kind of nonsense in his class. The class returned to its former state; silent, but my mind was no longer in the lecture. I put my phone on silent and watched it ring a second time. Jude called again, my face broke in a smile... my Jude. "Eunice, I like the smile on your face__" The man's voice sounded like a whip. It felt like he suddenly grabbed my heart and tried to yank it off. Everybody turned, I was sitting on the third row. Oh! I really hated times like this. I quickly rose my head to

KELIS WANTS MORE MILKSHAKE IN CHILD SUPPORT

Kelis wants more milkshakes in her yard...or at least more money in her pocket. TMZ reports that Kelis filed legal papers against her ex-husband Nas to cough up more money in child support. According to the gossip news site, Kelis is saying that the current ruling of $8,000 a month isn't enough to take care of their eight-year-old son, Knight. The original order was put in place five years ago when their son was three. But now, that he's a bit older, Kelis is arguing that Knight has more needs and that those needs come at a cost. TMZ also claims that the paperwork argues that since Nas is a lot more well off now than he was a few years ago so he should be able to afford it. Kelis didn't say how much more she wants, but she does want at least 50 percent of Knight's school-related costs, child care needs and unreimbursed health care fees. This news comes a month after the two settled their custody battle allowing Nas "four full weekends over Januar